So we've been to Hawai'i since my last post, it was absolutely wonderful! We stayed on O'ahu on the Leeward side, in a city called Ko'Olina. Although the property was beautiful, we found ourselves driving up to the Windward side everyday. That's where O'ahu's real beauty is kept! This pic is of the Ko'olau mountain range in the Windward side. When it rains heavily each one of those crevasses becomes a waterfall!
This is where we stayed, Marriott's Ko'Olina Beach Resort. Like I said before, it was good for what it was, but if you're in Hawai'i and in your room, you better be sleeping or staging your next public appearance!
There are 4 or 5 of those lagoons that lead out to the ocean. Just beyond the rocks you see at the lower right, there is a breaking wall that keeps the big waves at bay.
Each morning Lexi and I were yanked from sleep with cries of "Let's go to the beach! I want to swim in the ocean!" On a side note, we had no problem accommodating their request.☺
We didn't have anything planned for a couple of the days, so we went on walks by the beach. Before each walk, we'd tell our kids that "We are NOT going to get wet." as you can see, that sentence rarely had the impact we thought it would.
It was nice to see our kids take to the ocean so naturally, even better was the feeling I got when I explained that our people came from that same ocean many, many years ago. I don't know if they completely grasped the concept, but it made me feel good!
Lexi, has already started planning our next trip out there. Frankly, I can't wait! Seeing how our kids enjoyed the Pacific Ocean made me think about a possible transfer with Marriott... Will anything come of it? Who knows, the best suggestion is the same one my sister often uses to tell us we're being too antsy, "Just wait and we'll see what the tide brings in."
Wanna see more pics, holla @ ya boi or check out my bebo page: http://bebo.com/kavaefiafi



2 comments:
seriously time to update bro! Love you all ... but your withholding pictures and news of the kids from us ... darn you! Update already ... its a new year even! Ha!
Wow...keep this up and it'll be Thanksgiving again. Can't believe you have this...pick it up, brother, I'd love to connect through this since the family website is a little more heat than I can handle lately...
Ofa lahi atu!
Post a Comment